Monday 19 August 2013

Lots and Lots of Handmade!

A few months ago I was contacted by a bride in need of some ideas for her wedding invitations. I was asked to design something romantic, but not overly feminine and with a vintage feel, and it had to have a photo of the couple and some actual lace incorporated in the design. These invitations were the end result:



In order to protect the couple's privacy I'm not posting images of the invitation card itself here, but I will mention that it was soft and feminine with pale blue flowers and some vintage ephemera to remind us of times gone by. Crochet-style lace held the cards together, but to steer away from too much femininity I've opted for hand-crafted paper sleeves made from kraft paper and wooden heart embellishments engraved with the initials of the couple. The hearts were tied around the sleeves with natural linen twine and each invitation came with a matching handmade envelope. 


With so many handmade details these invitations took quite a bit of time to make, but I loved the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment