Monday 26 March 2012

DIY Cake Topper

I wanted to post a picture of a fun and unusual wedding cake that I saw on the web the other day, but when I started looking for the source I realised that I must have failed to save the link! (Time to start that cake board on Pinterest!) Fortunately my frustration with retracing my steps on the web through my history files completely disappeared when I stumbled upon this pretty cake idea on She Paperie's blog:




I fell head over heels in love with this pretty DIY idea for a cake topper: a sweet, romantic collection of smaller individual cake toppers in stead of one large topper is such a fresh idea! I love how you can use kebab or dowel sticks, and scraps of ribbon, fabric, lace,  and paper from your wedding dress, bridesmaid's dresses and wedding stationery, in combination with buttons, pompom trim and anything else that you are sentimental about, love or find pretty. "Easy peasy" to quote the talented Suzanne from She Paperie!
Time to make dinner now ... Will continue my search for that image of the cake afterwards. Hopefully I can share it with you in my next post! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment