Tuesday 12 July 2011

Ribbon chandelier

I know I'm supposed to be on a bunting and garland spree and technically speaking a ribbon chandelier does not qualify as one of the two, but I wanted to do a post on it, as it is also something that you can hang up and use to decorate space above a table, under a tree, or wherever you want to! (And because I love ribbon and lace and am totally in love with any idea that promotes the use of these materials for projects that aren't too feminine and girly! I am married to a man who will probably move to the garden shed if I decided to decorate our home with ribbons tied in bows, but I'm sure even he can live with something this pretty!) The image below comes from 100 layer cake and there are general tips on how to make your own ribbon chandelier here, but the idea can easily be adapted, if you would prefer a ribbon garland.


The image below is from a wedding in Franschoek, South Africa, and I think this combination of ribbon, crystals and paper butterflies is absolutely stunning!


Here you can see a close-up:



No comments:

Post a Comment